Thursday, September 2, 2010

Two Months

Last week Cole went in for his two month check up. Surprise, surprise! We have a healthy, chubby kid. He weighed in at 13 lbs. 15 oz. That’s the ninetieth percentile for weight, in case you weren’t familiar with baby stats. Oh, and he was 23 7/8 inches long (eightieth percentile). His head circumference, luckily, was only in the fiftieth percentile (I am forgetting the measurement at the moment). Otherwise, he might not be able to lift it up…

Oh, but he can. Today he was demonstrating his great head lifting skills during tummy time. I was so amazed and enamored that I forgot to take any photos. Oops. Next time.

Cole loves to sit on my lap and look out at the world. He is so interested in everything around him, and I am starting to get the impression he thinks he is older than he actually is. And then there is Mommy, wishing he wouldn’t grow so fast!

Various Baby, Food 060

This is his Papa Mark face, aka his concentration face, and sometimes even the poop face…

Various Baby, Food 058 (Note the chubs…oh yeah!)

I just love my happy little man!

Various Baby, Food 101

Nap time has been a rarity around here lately, especially since the EVIL vaccinations. It was so traumatic, I was crying, Cole was crying. Bad news. Anyway, he still sleeps through the night, and that makes up for his lack of sleep during the day. If naps do happen, lately they have been in the blessed swing. I seriously LOVE that thing! Thank you swing for gentle rock and rhythmic clicking that makes my son pass out.

Various Baby, Food 132

I love mornings with him. When he wakes up, I bring him into bed with me to feed him, and then we fall back to sleep all snuggled up. It may not be the best practice, but I love it. Who wouldn’t want to snuggle with this little man?

Various Baby, Food 032

I think those are all the updates for now. We have some fun adventures coming up in the next couple of months, so things may get a bit more interesting around here. Of course, I could talk about my kid all day, and I do!

4 comments:

  1. He's such a little sweetie! Love the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such perfection. Sorry he isn't napping! But - sleeping all night at his age is surely a blessing.
    Wish I could babysit him for you! :) Someday when he's old enough you can send him to Fargo for a couple weeks in the summers. He'll love it. Seriously. lol.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could LISTEN to you talk about Cole all day, too! He's a gem. Love that Grand Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Cole is such a cute baby! I love the pics of him! Hope you are doing well. I want to come down and visit again soon. :)

    ReplyDelete