Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Growing, growing, growing!

Its time for a little update on my fabulous four month old. He really is just that. At his most recent check up, Cole weighed 16 lbs. 7 oz. and measured at 25 7/8 inches. He was such a trooper with his immunizations and only cried for a few minutes this time.

Cole is getting so strong. He loves to sit and stand on our laps. He can sit independently for a few seconds before he topples to the side or down to grab at his toes. He loves those toes. They are always in his hands now, and often in his mouth. His socks are frequently wet, as he enjoys sucking on them. Cole loves soft fabric and drifts off to sleepy land sucking on his blankies. It’s hilarious!

Baby boy is such a happy little guy. At home, he is mister chatter box, cooing and giggling at us. He will often mimic growling sounds (Lolly discovered that one). Out and about, he is mister observant. He hardly makes a peep and just stares at everything around him. That is, unless he is hungry :)

Today, I put him on the floor for his tummy time. He followed the edge of his blanket, scooting until he had rotated 270 degrees. And then he stopped to stare at himself in his little toy triangle mirror. Maybe he hears he is so pretty too often and its going to his head. But really, look at this face!

IMG_8797

I can’t believe that this time a year ago I was spending all of my time hanging over the porcelain throne wondering if it was all going to be worth it. Let’s just say I would do it a thousand times over to have my little boy. He is perfect!

3 comments:

  1. If that's the case I think you should have a thousand babies, or maybe like 10. :) He really is so adorable! I must see him soon. Life has just been crazy busy and with the holidays I don't see things slowing down much but that's okay we will make things happen and get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Lindsay, you probably DID do it a thousand times over! And he is SO worth it. LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could he be more handsome? I'm gonna need me one of those before too long...

    ReplyDelete